Chances are your kids won’t remember their best day of watching television, but take them fishing and you’ll make memories you can share for a lifetime.
We Make it Easy
- Kids under the age of 15 can fish without a license.
- Special fishing license for youths 15 to 17 years old.
- We have two Free Fishing Days – one Saturday in June and one Saturday in January--when anyone can fish in Vermont without a license.
- We offer one, three and seven-day fishing licenses.
- All the where, when and how info you need for a great trip is right here.
Where to Go? Our Experts Know!
We’ve asked our experts, our fish biologists, to compile a list of family-friendly fishing opportunities. We’ve chosen locations across the state where kids can take their parents fishing and have an excellent chance of catching fish using simple techniques.
All the destinations provide opportunities to fish from shore, and at some, you can rent a boat or launch your own. Some locations also offer other fun activities like swimming and playgrounds to complement your fishing trip. Some are located at state parks so you can combine fishing with a family camping trip.
Northern Hot Spots
Central Hot Spots
Southern Hot Spots
More Helpful Fishing Information